[P1] Wireless router setup

Zoki zoki.news at linuxix.net
Sun Nov 2 23:59:44 PST 2003

Le 31/10/2003 16:54, « Charles Pearce » <charlesp at ksu.edu> a écrit :

> On Oct 31, 2003, at 8:20 AM, Keith Parker wrote:
>
>> Hi Everybody,

<snip>

>> After I plug the ethernet cable from my dsl modem into one of the
>> router
>> ports and then connect the other ethernet cable from the router into my
>> ethernet port.  I'm supposed to direct my browser to an IP address
>> 192.168.0.1 to get to the browser based setup.  My computer then tries
>> dial and times out, warning me that "No dial tone was detected".

<snip>

*** Your iBook network preference is setup to use the build-in modem to get
out on the net. What you need to do is setup a new Network profile in order
to activate your build-in network card.

Go to Apple menu and into the network configuration pane. There you have to
create a new profile, select the Network card and deselct the modem.

Sorry, I can't be more specific as I'm on a French iBook.

While you at it, you might even create a third Network profile where you
would leave everything blanc and deselect the modem and the network card.
You could call it "On the road", "or on the move". The point is to not to
use  both the modem and the network card when you're far away from a phone
or network connection. It helps you save a bit more battery juice.

--
Cheers,
Zoran.

Windows software isn't released, it's allowed to escape.