[P1] 17" Laptops

Fred Stevens K2FRD K2FRD at stny.rr.com
Mon Nov 3 09:42:34 PST 2003

At 12:16 -0500 03/11/03, Jack Rodgers wrote:
>The 17" Powerbook has two competitors. Toshiba has a rather ungainly
>17" that is quite fast, windows open instantly. HP just introduced a
>new one with a numerical keypad! Either can be had for $1000 less
>than Apple's and about the price of the 12" alBook or a little more
>than the 14" iBook.

I don't see the competition, Jack. If someone wants to put up with
the crashes, freezes, conflicting non-integrated
applications/drivers/software and non-intuitive menus (or lack
thereof) of a Windows-based platform, they are welcome to it. The
only reason I keep my Dell Latitude laptop around is for ham radio
purposes; otherwise, I'd be using it for target practice with my GI
.45.

--
73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD
http://home.stny.rr.com/k2frd/K2FRD.htm