[P1] OS X

William Carr jkirk3279 at beanstalk.net
Tue Nov 4 14:39:47 PST 2003

On Nov 4, 2003, at 7:25 AM, Jack Rodgers wrote:

> On Nov 4, 2003, at 1:08 AM, Snappingredturtl at aol.com wrote:
>
>> has anyone written a program to emulate OSX under OS9 so maybe you
>> can run
>> Cocca apps under OS9?
>
> There are applications such as AppleWorks that run on both OSes. It
> seems rather impractical to do so since OS X can be purchased for
> $70-$130 and delivers the full goods. It ships free with new
> computers.

Well, this brings to mind something I'd thought of.    It would be nice
if some developer for OS 9 did a shareware app that made OS 9 look more
like OS X.     Sometimes I have to use my old PowerMacs and am briefly
floored by the realization that CMD H doesn't work to 'Hide' apps, that
I can't set GoMac to work on the left side of the screen as my Dock
will, that sort of thing.     Something like Greg's Browser...

There wouldn't be much money in it, but I'm more interested in the
elegance of the concept than the practicality.    Ironically, I've
spent some time and effort making OS X look like OS 9 !    Seems
there's a Golden Mean there somewhere.

Jkirk