[P1] 17" Laptops P.S.

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 4 16:26:15 PST 2003

On Nov 4, 2003, at 6:15 PM, Fred Stevens K2FRD wrote:

> One, however, is VERY happy with PCs. He's a PC/Windows
> software/hardware technician and is VERY well paid for his services at
> a major national firm. He makes a LOT of additional bucks by fixing
> and servicing PCs on the cuff. He recently made the statement that
> "everytime Microsoft comes out with something new, it means more money
> for me to fix everyone's computers."

I have been posting on cross platform lists for years that the main
reason why Macs are being restricted, removed and pushed out of
corporations and educational institutions is because of just that, the
IT department makes big bucks and their recommendations are meant to
protect those jobs and those dollars. Without the crashing PCs, they
would have no such job and power.

Not once in all of those years has anyone from the PC side disagreed
with me, even though they may love using a PC.

I forsee Microsoft's empire crumbling as people become angry at the
viruses, crashes and so forth. Corporations and even COUNTRIES are
backing away.

---
Trees are being sucked dry of life in South Florida by a tiny insect.
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>