[P1] 17" Laptops

Paul Bernhardt pbern10 at xmission.com
Tue Nov 4 21:27:52 PST 2003

I think Apple should offer a BTO option for multibutton as opposed to
single button. But, most rookie users really really really prefer
single button. Rightclick/leftclick really is too confusing. Or, offer
multibutton for high end machines and single button for low end
machines.

I'll put it this way: My father would not use a computer if multibutton
mice were on all systems. Period. Click and drag is beyond him at
times. Single button is as complex as he can handle it (and he is a
terribly bright person, CPA at age 16, just not mechanically capable
even a tiny bit). Apple knows this and is the reason it refuses to make
multibutton the default. But, the OS supports multibutton quite well.

Paul