[P1] 17" Laptops P.S.

Paul Bernhardt pbern10 at xmission.com
Wed Nov 5 03:37:43 PST 2003

And, shockingly, many people do fall for the Nigeria scam and its
various clones. The various government agencies say that several
thousand people per year get taken. 17 people have been killed trying
to go to Nigeria to get their money back. It only takes 1 stupid person
in a thousand and that is about how many do click on through with it. I
am personal friends (close enough that I was at the small birthday
party for her 3 year old this past Sunday) who I understand had to be
seriously talked out of going for it by other friends a few years ago.
She is an otherwise bright and savvy charitable fundraising consultant
who simply thought it was possibly true. The estimate is only one in
every few dozen who fall for the scam actually admit it to the
authorities. The rest go hide to lick their wounds.

Paul