[P1] Missing in Mac vs PC arguments

Fred Stevens K2FRD K2FRD at stny.rr.com
Wed Nov 5 09:47:28 PST 2003

At 12:06 -0500 05/11/03, Jack Rodgers wrote:
>On Nov 5, 2003, at 10:20 AM, Fred Stevens K2FRD wrote:
>
>>Similarly, people might lean more toward PCs if their corporation
>>uses them and pretty much forces its employees to become familiar
>>with them. People tend to stick to what they know.
>
>Which may lead to the question of piracy? How many pcers use pcs so
>they can run software they pilfered from their employer?

My nephew, a PC user with a degree in electrical engineering
specializing in computer engineering has paid very, very little for
software in recent years. He is well equipped with Photoshop, the
whole Adobe package, and bunches more software, almost all pirated,
that he has "borrowed" from various sources (probably not his company
since he doesn't work with computers at his job and hasn't been there
very long). I've warned him he's too young to get into legal trouble
if he's caught. He narrowly missed the MP3 download scandal at his
college by graduating in December just before the crackdowns; he was
one of the ringleaders.

--
73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD
http://home.stny.rr.com/k2frd/K2FRD.htm