[P1] Paper weights...

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Wed Nov 5 13:34:52 PST 2003

On Nov 5, 2003, at 3:36 PM, patdart wrote:

> I'm on hold to Kinko's right now...they don't know the conversion.
> I've been using a coated matte finished card stock and it's been
> discontinued...so, I'm hunting a replacement.  I can't seem to connect
> to google right now, so I'm at a loss...

I found this definition at this site:
http://www.inkjetart.com/weight.html
"The weight of United States letter size paper is given in pounds per
500 sheet ream of uncut C size paper. For the letter size paper, a
sheet is cut into 4 pages so that a cut ream of letter size paper, 500
letter size sheets, weighs 5 pounds if the paper is nominally 20 pound
paper. "

Generally speaking, paper used for typing and stationery is in the
65-75# range. 110# paper is getting into the card-stock weight. I just
had some 40-page booklets printed on 70# paper with 80# covers.