[P1] ibook power cord issues?

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Wed Nov 5 18:50:05 PST 2003

> On the dual usb iBook, I'm lately finding that after being plugged in
> for a
> while, it stops charging...the 'ring' around the base of the plug is no
> longer lighted, even though its all still plugged in.  Do these shut
> off if
> they get hot, or why would it stop indicating the power
> connection/charge?
>
> I find that in some instances, if I swap the plug in cord for the plug
> that
> goes on the power 'brick' that it again charges for a while.

What does the power indicator on the menu bar (or use System
Preferences if you don't use the indicator) say? On the icebooks,
the ring is red/orange when the battery is charging, then turns
green when it's done... it might be that the green light is out is all.

Then again, in your shoes, I'd be looking for another power adapter
anyway. It never hurts to have two & if the original is dying, it's best
to have the replacement in hand when it happens.

--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."