[P1] I have to find out what it is.

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 6 06:03:11 PST 2003

On Nov 6, 2003, at 1:40 AM, e.mkeene wrote:

> Back in July 1999, a noted computer columnist, Walter Mossberg had
> that same problem. He had been at the MacWorld Expo in NYC when the
> first iMac was introduced. After he left the Expo, he wrote a column
> about his experiences and his puzzlement. He said that he was
> fascinated by the Mac user's attachment to Macs and wanted to
> understand what powered it. So he stood behind the row of iMacs and
> watched the user reactions to the computers. He saw each person
> approach the computer, smile when they got close, reach out to gently
> touch it, smile wider and get a soft glow on their faces, Then they
> touched the mouse and started using the computer. At that point, he
> saw their entire face erupt into what he called a vision of pure joy.
> He still couldn't figure out what generated this response and was even
> more puzzled.

I found my first user group in 1987 or so. At that time I was spending
way too much time on my Mac developing databases, still do. As I walked
in the door I began to wonder where the people were hiding the next and
previous buttons and my fingers instinctively typed command+q when I
wanted to end a conversation.

---
Trees are being sucked dry of life in South Florida by a tiny insect.
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>