[P1] OS9 Bootable

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Thu Nov 6 13:20:20 PST 2003

A 15" aluminum powerbook we bought the day after they
were announced (ie presumably earliest version) had only
~"install Classic environment" on the software CD.  Since
the interface wasn't lucid enough, and there turned out to
be a problem with that part of the installer, I phoned
AppleCare for help.  (I was reinstalling because I'd
partitioned the HD.)  They said the PB would not boot in
OS9, even loading OS9.2.2 from a separate CD would not
produce bootable OS9, and that he thought it was a boot
ROM issue.

On 6/11/03 2:58 PM, "Video International" <videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp> wrote:

> Are all current book models (i & Power) non-OS9 bootable?
 . . .