[P1] airport is evil

ShardAerithes at aol.com ShardAerithes at aol.com
Sat Nov 8 17:52:36 PST 2003

Hey everyone I'm back on the list.
My ibooks airport is being evil, whenever I go to my sisters house and try to use the internet, it gets disconnected after about 2 minutes. She has a linksys 802.11b wireless router and I have a regular airport card on a 500mhz icebook. I will connect to aol instant messenger and be able to talk for a couple of minutes, then all of a sudden none of my instant messages will go through. For a few minutes after that happens I'm able to browse the net, but then all internet dies. I have to turn airport off then turn airport back on and it works again for a little while, about 50% of the time. I reset the router already, and I'm fairly confident that it's my machine. Can anyone give me some insight or help on what could be causing this? I'm using Jaguar.