[P1] Times RO font question

Andrew Nye andrew at nye.tc
Mon Nov 10 01:42:25 PST 2003

On 10 Nov 2003, at 9:03 am, Richard McKay wrote:

> I've never used cable modems so I am not sure how that is done and /
> or if
> it differs. (I mean seriously, I live in the UK where they only have
> 3-5 TV

Well, hundreds with satellite or cable, but only 2 terrestrial channels
worth watching - and then only occasionally :-)

> channels let alone cable set-ups!) I'll get flack for it but I can't
> resist...there are some small pockets of cable available here.

Pity poor Richard - as exile on the edge of England, where no cable
company dares dig. In fact about one-third of the population of England
has access to cable. Note, I said 'England' not UK and I said
'population' not land-mass.

> Sorry, maybe I am wrong, but at least on my set-up I have to place DNS
> server info as well as other parameters such as MTU size, etc...in my
> Netgear combined Router/DSL modem.

Here in civilised  (ish) Swindon, we do have cable. It's only necessary
to set network prefs to DHCP and all works with the cable modem.

When I had probs accessing ebay, but could get most other sites, the
cable company said it was their fault - their DNS servers were having a
problem with viruses or something.

Andrew