[P1] OT: Filemaker, OS X and Dialing

Signhelpers.com mike at signhelpers.com
Wed Nov 12 14:20:38 PST 2003

Not exactly my idea of progress. Upgrade your system and then pay
another $130 to restore a function that's been part of the Mac OS
since Moby Dick was a guppy.

I've found software solutions that purport to work, but they
apparently hijack the Internet Connection function and I suspect that
would bugger up my DSL connection every time I dialed.

Thanks for the info, though. I missed that one.

>http://www.parliant.com/phonevalet/specs.html?l=1
>
>Roger
>
>Signhelpers.com wrote:
>
>>Arrgh!
>>
>>I thought life with OSX (10.26) was good, but now I find that I
>>can't dial phone numbers from Filemaker Pro fields. One of my
>>favorite things, used many times a day. Gone!
>>
>>I understand that there are 3rd party programs/scripts to restore
>>this ability. Any experience with these?

Grrrrrrrr!

--
Signhelpers.com
Mike Urseth