[P1] fixing power cord

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Sat Nov 15 17:48:20 PST 2003

> What do you guys do to your power cords? I've never had one fray.
> (Really, this is a serious question.) I'd imagine that in order to
> fray a
> cord, it would have to be subject to continued or repeated stresses or
> friction.

I tend to use my iBook sitting up on the bed, and since my son was
born, I've had an annoying tendancy to trip over the cord (and stress
it at the jack) when I tend to him at night. (That doesn't happen so
much these days, since I got a new battery and I'm less likely to use
the iBook plugged in.) It doesn't help that this is the spot in the
cable that seems the most succeptable to stress.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net