[P1] fixing power cord

Jeff Newman newman5608 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 16 08:27:30 PST 2003

>What do you guys do to your power cords? I've never had one fray.
>(Really, this is a serious question.) I'd imagine that in order to fray a
>cord, it would have to be subject to continued or repeated stresses or
>friction.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Harry Corsover

Here's what I did: The yoyo cord had a little rubber locking knob.
Mine was all the way to the jack. I never knew you could move it, so
every time I locked my cord in place it stressed the cord-jack
connection. Finally it began sparking. I took it to a Genius Bar and
the jack came off in the Apple guy's hand.
--
Jeff Newman                                            LawProse, Inc.
The White Oak Independent                    <http://www.lawprose.org>