Desaturated Colors

Tobias Parkblue at gmx.net
Wed Nov 19 05:31:36 PST 2003

I haven't followed the thread from the beginning, so I *may* be OT:

Inconsistencies between the monitors I use (and to some extent) printers
that ColorSync seems not capable to handle (or my lack of understanding how
to set it up properly?) drove me crazy. I found a monitor calibration
software called SuperCal. I have v1.1b2, which runs under Classic.

My own as well as other people complaints about shifted colours, wrong
saturation etc. in digital photos have come to a complete halt since I use
SuperCal to adjust every new computer I get (and then perhaps once a year or
so).

-tobias.

: On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:45:30 -0800, Dave M Wyman
: <davewyman at imountainman.com> wrote: Subject: Re: [P1] Desaturated
: Colors
:
: Jack Rogers wrote:
:
: >>That's the nature of the beast and a problem since crayons were
: invented.
:
: Apple's default setting for an LCD screen is probably not the one you
: want. Try RGB or sRGB which gives deeper colors. There is a lot more
: theory involved and I am not competent to explain it. But I have
: decades of similar experience seeing color photos with a blue tinge,
: red tinge, etc. What one does is learn the rules and play
: accordingly. Welcome to a subject with a lot to learn.<<
:
: That wasn't the answer I wanted, Jack. I don't mind that there might
: be certain color shifts between computer monitors, but I'm not happy
: with the idea that my iBook desaturates colors, which seems to be the
: case. It means I have to duplicate images and pump up the color so
: that I can show them on my iBook, while using the original images for
: use with my digital projector. Which means more work.
:
: Dave
: --
: http://www.davewyman.com