Very OT: Triband cell phones

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Wed Nov 19 09:08:28 PST 2003

Hey Gang,

I know this is very OT and most of my questions go unanswered anyway ... But
in this case I appeal to the tech savvy people here (Gadget heads)

I will be able to buy some nice new cell phone in the US shortly and so far
my eyes are set on the sony ericsson 680 cam phone ...

Having been seperated from the civilized world for a while, I am amazed what
they cram into those phones ... Cam, pda, vcr, fridge ... Crazy ..

Anyhoo .. If anybody here is a specializt on this, I need your help ..

2 things .. It needs to work in the US and Fiji (which I believe means
TriBand) ..
And I need some idea about a prepaid plan for one month, which will work for
the west coast ..   I know how that would work in fiji .. A 29FJ$  plan gets
you a sim card and 20$ of talk time ..

I realize this is OT, but since 10/00 I have grown to cherish this ML as a
very special, tech savvy place, where even OT questions in the hour of need
can be posted ..

Thanks

P in Fiji

Oh .. And to get a bit of an ibook curve: A phone which would work with
bluetooth stuff ???

And we are most likely also getting a new ibook g4 for my wife on that trip

And the trip blog will be on nackentravel.blogspot.com   :)