Equipping new iBook G4

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Mon Nov 24 11:27:51 PST 2003

Hey Gang and happy anniversary .. I have been on this list now for 3 years
(and with mac computers) and I still feel like a newbie :)

Anyhoo ... We want to buy a new iBook G4 for my wife .. With airport and
extra ram ... Now .. We will be traveling around a lot when we get to the US
.. So I wonder if anyone knows if these kind of extra installations can be
done in-store while-you-wait ... (as I get it, the new airport card is not a
self install .. Not sure about ram)

One pal told me that one apple store asked for 80$ to install the airport
card, which I find outrageous ... The apple website does not indicate
anything like that .

Cheers

P in fiji