[P1] Airport Cards

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sat Nov 29 17:09:01 PST 2003

Am 29/11/03 1:48 am schrieb "tinman" unter <heart93 at woh.rr.com>:

> I just placed an online (actually phone) order through the Apple
> Store....2 @ $59 each (thanks to J Patrick Draine for the pointer). Now
> I'm pretty excited at the thought of finally being able to use my
> beloved clamshell w/o wires.
>
> From the information I've read, it sounds like it's extremely easy to
> set up a software base station. Any specific tips anyone would care to
> offer?

Not too familiar with the G4 iMac but I would have thought that they used
Airport Extreme? Will an older Airport Card fit?

When you do get the cards I would suggest using the AirPort Setup Assistant
as it will ask you how you want to use the cards and set them up for
you...Don't sweat trying to pre investigate how and what to configure...it
is all fantastically easy...

BTW, If you are using panther this should be a dream to do...Doing a clean
install earlier I thought I would need to put in quite a few details and
configure mostly by hand...it was a pleasant surprise when it didn't even
blink and auto configured all settings and even showed me the latest updates
for Panther before finishing the install...

Cheers,

Richard