[P1] bad AppleCare experience on video repair

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Wed Oct 1 14:27:13 PDT 2003

Tom R. no spam wrote the following:

> I'm asking for reports:  Have people seen this?
> If you'd could report "yes" or "no" it would either
> encourage me to pursue the issue or maybe just
> accept this to-me substandard display.

<snip>

> Repair says it is "commonly seen" in
> iBooks.  I've never seen it on my or on other iBooks,
> nor on any other Apple computer.

Not had it that bad, my screen does show a thin vertical line on the right
hand side at that time but then is fine.

Personally, I would be asking the question if Applecare or other warranty is
valid for 12 months from the current repair time or if it is going to run
out soon. If it's running out soon with no extension due to the repair I
would be much more concerned...can you take a digital photo of it and send
it to the repair guys to show them what you mean and maybe make them go 'oh
uhmmm well maybe...'

Otherwise if it is still warranted for another year sit back and enjoy...you
could always check out that great lighting job on the apple on the TFT cover
during that time...

HTH,

Richard