[P1] bad AppleCare experience on video repair

Wiebe Wilbers wiebe at insysco.net.au
Wed Oct 1 16:21:10 PDT 2003

On 2/10/03 4:25 AM, "Mark Kippert" <maclists at kippert.com> wrote:

> While I'm not saying that anybody should accept poor service from Apple, is
> it really that significant an issue? I mean one second of scrambled video
> during startup isn't what I would categorize as an unpleasant experience.

Your right, one second of video is not worth going to the apple centre for,
but I think the concern would be that that one second gets worse, maybe 2
seconds, then 3. If nobody else is seeing this phenomenon on their machines,
then obviously something is wrong, and it should be fixed. It may even be a
sign of a more significant problem.

Have you tried running tech tool pro or some similar tool, where it tests
the computer out? Perhaps the hardware test CD that came with your iBook?
They all seem to test out the VRAM (pretty colours!!)

Hope this helps,
Wiebe.