OS9 compatibility on latest models?

Small Moose Ltd small_moose_ltd at mac.com
Thu Oct 9 02:41:25 PDT 2003

Hi there,

Just wondering... In a hypothetical situation if I were to purchase the
latest iBook, would it still have OS9 on it? If not, would it be a simple
case of me needing to buy an OS9 disc, or is there some sort of physical
block on the machine that would prevent me booting OS9 on it?

I ask this because I have a lot of OS8/9 centric software that I don't want
to lose, and it would be very helpful to know that, a year or two down the
line I could still purchase a new machine and put OS9 on it simply by
inserting the OS9 disc.

Many thanks.