[P1] Power nib

Kenny Feder harpofeder at comcast.net
Thu Oct 9 14:57:45 PDT 2003

All:

I can finally get back to all of you who kindly responded to my problem back
in late August. The power nib had broken off with the broken bit stuck in
the power port of my iBook. I tried your various suggestions to extract the
piece to no avail--and admit I got a bit squeamish when I tried to take the
back off of the iBook to access the port. Nothing worked and I was concerned
that I would cause serious damage to the machine. Luckily, I was able to
find a terrific shop that works on broken Macs (Microdoc in Oregon) which
was able to fix it for $118 (plus shipping). They were helpful and fast and
now my iBook is working perfectly again.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Ken