1+1=3

Jeff Newman newman5608 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 10 17:10:05 PDT 2003

I installed RAM in my 2001 iBook 500 the other day. I had taken the
two screws off the aluminum chip cover when the CD slot opened
unexpectedly. (Everything was off and unplugged, the battery
removed.) Later I looked where I had put the screws (right where the
CD slot is), and there were three identical screws. I ejected the CD
tray and couldn't see any missing screws, although one of the tray
slides is just a little loose now.

Any idea where this extra screw came from?

(Whew, no puns! That was a tough challenge.)

Jeff
--
Jeff Newman                                            LawProse, Inc.
The White Oak Independent                    <http://www.lawprose.org>