[P1] sudden long "sleep"-unconscious!

Kim Gammelgaard kgani at mac.com
Mon Oct 13 11:23:00 PDT 2003

Tom,

I wonder what you mean by that, I simply fail to understand that first
sentence of yours, but if you mean that instead of holding down the power
button for 10 seconds, I should have selected shutdown in the Apple menu or
similar.

If you have a black screen and notice that the computer is still working
(caps lock works, for one), but you cannot bring anything on the screen, how
do you know how to press the shutdown button on the screen, and can you be
sure that it is one there at all, it could be significantly delayed by some
runaway process?

If I am at home and it happens - and it has unfortunately, I just ssh into
it from another computer and sudo reboot, but that was not an answer to the
original question either.

If this doesn't make sense to you, could you rephrase your sentence?

Cheers,

Kim