[P1] Moving the whole thing

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 14 07:55:04 PDT 2003

One cautionary note. I recently had occasion to speak with AppleCare, and I
happened to mention Carbon Copy Cloner. The tech said be careful--if you
copy "the whole thing" to a new hard drive, and subsequently have problems,
AppleCare will not help you through them. To the best of my recollection, it
had something to do with the fact that the system wasn't built from scratch
from the original system disks. In other words, if you start out with your
original disk, then CCC everything else over, he seemed to be saying you'd
be fine in terms of getting help from AppleCare, but not if you were working
with a cloned system. Sorry to be so inexact, but thought everyone should be
aware of this.

Brian