[P1] laser printer suggestions

Jon Harahush jph200 at psu.edu
Sun Oct 26 05:02:42 PST 2003

Yeah, check www.officedepot.com.  They're $169 with a $70 rebate, AND
apparently there's another $20 rebate you can get  (do a web search
for "office depot" and "$20 rebate" or the like) in addition to the
$70 from samsung if you order from the online store.

I've had the printer for almost 24 hours now, and although I haven't
printed very many things, it's been great so far.  Definitely worth
the money (so far) in my book.  The only caveat is that you have to
download the Mac OS X driver from samsung's website, because the
driver that comes on disk is for Mac OS 8.6-9.  You can also use a
third-party driver (GIMP-print?), apparently, but I haven't found
much information on it.

Jon