[P1] OS X 10.3 Early Adopter

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Sun Oct 26 07:48:48 PST 2003

> when you run "archive and install", are your applications and
> preferences still in place and working?

Yes. Apple's bundled applications can be replaced with new copies if
you specify this during the installation; the older versions are in a
"Previous System" folder that's created as part of the process.

Users' folders are transferred over, preferences (which are in the
"Library" folder) and all. The *System's* "Library" folder appears to
be newly created, so you may have to reinstall printer drivers (as I
did). But most everything else should be in your Home Directory.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net