Blueberry iBook - can it play DVDs?

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Sun Oct 26 18:41:01 PST 2003

I just entered the "World of iBook" with a non-charging thriftstore
Blueberry 300 with a loose power connector. I took it apart, resoldered
the connector and overclocked the CPU to 400 while I was in there. :-) I
also replaced the original CD drive with a CDRW (Matshita UJDA330) just
for the heck of it. But since then I got to wondering...

can a Blueberry support a DVD drive to play DVDs?

I'm not really just yet in a mood to pull it apart again so I figgered
I'd ask here before bothering. I do have several DVD mechanisms laying
about from which to choose, so if y'all don't know, why I'll just report
back what happens when I finally get around to giving it a whirl.

TIA,

Dan K (Blueberry 400, 544mb, 20gb, CDRW)

PS: the 400mhz clock speed seems to be entirely problem free so far with
more than 2 weeks use with 10.2.x.

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700
hotline://dankephoto.dhs.org:9500