[P1] What happened?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 28 12:41:12 PST 2003

The usual procedure is to backup first before running a disk utility.
Then if the utility messes up, you can revert to your backup.

There's no real problem in backing up to a CD other than today's
gigadrives need a lot of CD's to quench their thirst and burning a CD
takes a lot of time compared to backing up to an external hard drive.

It takes roughly 2 CD's per gigabyte of drive so a 40 Gig hard drive
will take 80 CDs giver or take a few...

Since you are backing up to CD you might plan your backups in smaller
chunks.

On Tuesday, October 28, 2003, at 01:24  PM, Rebecca J. Hoffman wrote:

> I decided yesterday to back up my hard drive using Retrospect Express.
> I ran Norton Disk Doctor first and it found only minor problems, which
> it fixed.

---
In our overly developed South Florida, the closest some kids come to
wildlife is bird poop on a car. Where have all the butterflies gone?

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net