[P1] open Word and Excel in Appleworks?

Paul Bernhardt pbern10 at xmission.com
Wed Oct 29 19:50:40 PST 2003

Whenever I hear of any program having the ability to open Word docs is
that eventually MS changes the formats and the program has to upgrade
to catch up... since it is rarely a priority to make the program catch
up to MS's changes... so it flounders and eventually you get a new Word
doc that is for office version 200twifty..whatever... I ignore it
all... I use my windows machine at work to open documents I need to
open there... every once in a while I give MS more money so I can open
those files on my Mac when I notice that I'm spending too much time
shuttling to the 'doze machine.

Paul