[P1] How to apply for lawsuit settlement? & Panther on 366

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Thu Oct 30 22:43:04 PST 2003

> It's quite pathetic (IMHO) to be jumping on the bandwagon for this
> stupid
> cause.  While said 366mhz system runs slow with X, you gotta use your
> head (God
> gave you a brain for a reason); buy an old computer, and use the
> software it
> was designed for. Don't expect Apple to go thru a few million bucks of
> development cost just to make the cheap whiners among us happy. a 366
> was designed
> around 8.5, NOT OS10+...

I'd have to do some research to confirm this; but I suspect the reason
for the suit (and the reason Apple agreed to settle) is because *Apple*
made claims that the equipment was supported, and that the software
would run adequately. You may know better, but many novice computer
users (the type of consumers Apple has been courting with the iBook and
iMac lines) would have had no reason not to take Apple at their word on
this.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net