Battery life issues

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Fri Oct 31 05:55:50 PST 2003

I know this path has been trod before on this list, but at the time, I
was paying little attention because it didn't affect me....until now.

I was regularly getting 2 or 3 hours of battery life until I updated to
10.2.8 and then it went down to about 15 minutes. It hasn't come back
with the upgrade to Panther either. Needless to say, an iBook that has
to be plugged in all the time is pretty much useless as a portable
device.

Can this list repeat some of the tricks that have been posted to redeem
battery life? BTW - it's a 700Mhz, 12-inch screen, dual USB and
firewire.

Thanks.

Charles Pearce (charlesp at ksu.edu)