[P1] Ibook questions

Wiebe Wilbers wiebe at insysco.net.au
Mon Sep 1 15:45:28 PDT 2003

On 2/9/03 6:33 AM, "TimeFreezeG3 at aol.com" <TimeFreezeG3 at aol.com> wrote:

> hi josh !
>
> I would recomend a indigo, or graphite 466mhz...i believe they had dvd drives
> and a ten gig HD...happy hunting

Hiya Josh,

The 466Mhz Model is probably about the oldest I would go if I were you.

IMO, You would probably be better off going for the 500Mhz model as a
minimum - the white square shaped ones. The White 'IceBooks' are capable of
a higher screen resolution (1024*768), can take a decent amount of memory
(clamshells have been heard of to take a full 640mb too, but I understand it
is less reliable). Another bonus, is you can still buy brand new batteries
for and icebook from Apple. I believe only 3rd parties make clamshell
batteries (which aren't bad either...)

Anyway, you said you were looking at an 800Mhz model, which places you
squarely in the icebook era. Perhaps look for one with a burner built in, I
imagine it would be handy to make backups of your pictures whilst you are
overseas. The 14" and 12" screens have the same resolution, how good is your
eyesight? I use a 12", and find it quite comfortable to use.

Welcome to Macintosh by the way!!

Wiebe