[OT Mac] Little Snitch

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 3 15:34:11 PDT 2003

I think I saw this on MacNTouch today
<http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/index.html>. It intercepts
attempts to send stuff out of your computer and lets you yeah or neah
it. Might catch a trojan, jumk mailer or just keep you informed of all
the applications now sending stuff back to home planet about you.
Woops, why is the RIAA sending email from my computer...  :)

It's 20% of what I've been looking for, the other 80% would tell me
about the data that is being sent.

Be careful if you use VPC and show it full screen rather than in a
window. The popup dialog can jam things up since you can't get to it
but don't panic, it times out so it will go away and hopefully
everything will be ok.

I'm about ready to plop down my $20+ to buy it.

---
You are held responsible for the credit given to a thief using your
name but you don't go to jail if that person kills someone while
driving using a copy of your driver's license. Why the difference?

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net