[P1] dvd burning

Joe Jones joham at jo-ham.com
Wed Sep 3 16:32:27 PDT 2003

Just to clarify:

You can burn DVDs with an iBook with an external firewire burner, but
not DVD movies. So you can burn data, disk images and so on.

For example, if you used iDVD to make a dvd movie on a G4 and copied
the disk image you made to the iBook you'd be able to burn it, but the
iBook couldn't create a DVD disk image for a movie on its own.

DVD burning on iBooks is purely for backup, or ready made images you
want to burn.

Joe

On Thursday, Sep 4, 2003, at 00:21 Europe/London, Blackm535i at aol.com