[P1] dvd burning

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 4 08:25:49 PDT 2003

On 9/4/03 1:19 AM, "George Slusher" <gslusher at themacisp.net> wrote:

> Burning the movie per se isn't the problem: it's CREATING the movie in
> DVD format. That requires iDVD or one of the more sophisticated movie
> creation programs, all of which require a G4.

Actually, for me, it was the problem. I started to purchase an external DVD
burner (from la Cie, I believe), and it had the software included that I'd
need for burning some short films I wanted to save to DVD. But with my
iBook, they said the burning time would be incredibly long--something like 8
to 10 hours, if I remember correctly--for an 8 minute piece of film! That's
what killed the idea for me.

Brian