[P1] To make a vcd. What do i need?

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Sat Sep 6 12:57:14 PDT 2003

on 9/6/03 5:35 AM, Blackm535i at aol.com at Blackm535i at aol.com wrote:

> I am going to auy a external cdrw with toast software, and a dv camcorder
> right? Is that all i need? Thanks josh

Technically you are pretty much set then (of course you need your connection
cables and blank CDRs) ... You may want to check somehow if the DVDplayer
you want to play it on can play self made VCDs .. I had some surprises there
(audio / video out of sunc)

What you are going to need though is a lot of patience reading a lot of
helpfiles and websites which luckily exist on those topics and refrain from
blurting out every general question. Your chance of getting replies here are
much higher if people feel that you have gathered as much info as possible
on your own, but are really stuck now.  A question like "what is a good DV
camcorder" is similar to "what is a good car" ... Since we have no idea what
videos you plan to create or if portability is an issue, it is really hard
to reply (so, I guess this is why hardly anyone does)

I guess over time you will get a feel as to how it works here.

Greetings

Peter