[P1] Alternatives to AppleCare?

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Wed Sep 10 16:29:04 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, Sep 10, 2003, at 10:02 US/Central, Chris Beaumont wrote:

> I would *not* want to be owning an ibook past one year without the
> Applecare option!
>
> My display went out a few weeks ago at around the 7 month marker, and
> many of them have had similar display/hinge problems, I have heard..

I bought mine in July of 2001 and haven't had Apple Care or any
problems.  Some folks seem to get the idea that they all croak.
I think that is a skewed perception since we rarely hear a report
that everything is working fine.  I bet less than one in ten people
have problems in years two and three, but I have no idea how to
actually check.

Given the choice again, I would probably extend the warrantee, though.

	Mike Beede