[P1] To make a vcd. What do i need?

Dan Farley danfarley at mac.com
Fri Sep 5 14:38:54 PDT 2003

> I am going to auy a external cdrw with toast software, and a dv camcorder
> right? Is that all i need? Thanks josh

That's it. There are two versions of Toast.  A lite version ships with most
CDRW drives that doesn't have all the features of the 'pro'(more expensive)
version - I am not sure if it has VCD capabilities. You might want to check
their website.

You're also going to need lots of hard drive space! I can't remember what
the numbers are - but video takes up lots of space. If you don't have more
than 20 GB free you won't be able to put together movies longer than about 5
-  minutes (I find that for 'fun' stuff 5, maybe 6 minutes is about all the
attention people will give you).

You might want to consider an internal CDRW for your iBook. A Mac net
retailer was offering to sell you an upgrade kit or do it for you to obviate
the requirement for an external drive.

Dan