Sharing printers on a Windows network

Eric Richardson lbyron at comcast.net
Mon Sep 22 10:51:42 PDT 2003

Okay, I am out about trying to get some work done in NYC from my usual
home in Michigan. I am on a network here which has one inkjet printer
shared off of one of the computers. There is a sub network that the one
computer is shared off, but all the other Windows machines have no
trouble seeing it and printing from it no matter what. It is not a
network printer, it is a shared printer.

My computer has the drivers for the inkjet installed and when I hook
directly to the printer it is recognized and prints well. But altho I
can see all the computers on the network and communicate with them, but
I can't see or use the shared printer. I don't know why. When I try to
add it (I use a shared printer over my Appletalk wireless and ethernet
connections at home), the printer is just not seen. What am I missing?
What do I need to do? Right now, I have to drop docs on the windows
machines and print from them. Can anyone help?

Thanks for your time.

snow iBook 500 Dual USB w/ 640 Meg RAM, X.2.5