[P1] Mac OS X not so stable...

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 30 06:00:58 PDT 2003

On 9/30/03 14:51, "Gorjan Todorovski" <gorjant at mac.com> wrote:

> I was showing off to my girlfriend with my Mac, saying how OS X is better than
> Windows (more stable) and trying to make her switch to a Mac from a noname
> biege dull PC. Everything was going ok until one day I tried to unlock my
> screen (after a wake up) but everything was freezed, I tried many things but
> nothing happened and I needed to restart the Mac. Yhis has happened few times
> since I have my iBook (about 1 year). Maybe this is not much times the OS X
> has hanged, but my girlsfriend nonamed biege boring PC with the Win 2K
> professional OS has never crashed in the same time period. So....what should I
> tell her now...? Why is my Mac better than her PC (except it looks better)?!?

That's a known bug - one of Apple's security updates fixes that (assuming
you mean waking it from a screen saver...).

You'll get the occasional freeze with OS X, but your girlfriend is lucky
that she never has crashes - this said, Win 2000 is pretty stable, compared
to other Windows flavors.

Kirk
-----
Got a tech question? Get an answer from the AnswerSquad.
http://www.answersquad.com