Apple modem on hold?

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 6 08:27:41 PDT 2004

Occasionally, my fax software gets hung up because it reports that the modem
is busy. But since I have a DSL Internet connection and it isn't on the same
line as the modem, I have no idea why this is happening. Then, this morning,
a new clue: in the past, I've had to reboot to clear the modem, this time,
when I tried to reboot it failed and I got a message saying I had to quit an
application called "Apple modem on hold." I couldn't find any such
application. But if I could, that would seem to be a way to end my faxing
problem. Anybody got any idea what's going on here?

Thanks,
Brian