[P1] Original iBook Screen Replacement

Dan Farley danfarley at mac.com
Tue Apr 6 17:35:03 PDT 2004

>> Also look on ebay, there are always lcds c/w plastics for the
>> clamshells on there. There are always parts for newer iBooks on there
>> too.
>
> I'd consider this; but I don't know for a fact what the problem is, and
> I'm hesitant to attempt the repair myself without knowing.

You need to take your iBook apart. Its generally one of three things - the
video cable as it goes through the hinge, the lcd or the backlight. Then I'd
do as suggested and go the ebay route. If all else fails - you can part out
your iBook on ebay for more than it's worth right now. Being a lover of the
original iBook (we have both a clamshell and icebook), I'd also consider
upgrading the hard drive while you had it apart. Really - you have nothing
to lose. As they say on Magic school bus - "take chances". If it all makes
you really nervous find a more adept friend and make a weekend of it.