[P1] Mac OS 9.2.2

David Harris dmichaelharris at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 6 20:42:19 PDT 2004

On Apr 6, 2004, at 8:34 AM, Richard McKay wrote:

> Can you use email currently or is that not functioning as well? In
> other
> words, do you have the control fields 'modem' and 'TCP/IP' as well as
> 'remote access' set up properly for the internet connection you have?
> What
> method do you use to get online? (Modem, DSL, Airport, Ethernet,
> Bluetooth?)

I use a modem through the regular phone lines.  As for the TCP/IP, I am
not sure where I would find these.

> The actual website page viewing should have nothing to do with the
> browser
> you are mentioning...IE, although not popular will work as well/as bad
> as
> the other choices out there for most purposes.

I understand.  The error I get states that whatever page I load
"fails."  One thing I should mention, though.  I bought this unit and
the previous setting and even the IE links were associated with the
United Kingdom.  Would that make a difference considering I live in the
United States?  I doubt it, but it was a thought.

> Let us know about your connection method and if you can use email on
> that
> machine but not view pages and that should allow someone to help you
> better...

The mail program is MS Outlook on the iBook.  No luck there, either.
but I appreciate the thoughts as I'm totally clueless.

Let me know if you can bring me some insight.

David