[P1] iBook G3

Paul Bernhardt pbern10 at xmission.com
Mon Apr 26 01:21:59 PDT 2004

Applecare is insurance, plain an simple.

That doesn't mean insurance is a bad idea, just that in the long run
you come out ahead by not buying it. But, it is an excellent investment
to protect you from damages that exceed your ability to weather. If you
can afford the price of a new machine if the old one goes south, then
don't buy Applecare. If you can't afford a new machine if it goes bad
but can afford the Applecare, buy it. If you can't afford it and can't
afford a new machine, well, you'll probably come out just fine. I've
not needed my health insurance in the past year. It has cost me about a
thousand dollars. 2 years ago, I had a CT Scan, Ultrasound and other
tests to find the cause of abdominal pain. Those tests would have run
well over 2 grand. That year, the insurance was cheaper. Most years, it
would be cheaper for me to not buy insurance. But, when you get really
really sick, it keeps you from bankruptcy. Same thinking on a smaller
scale is the reason to own Applecare.

Paul