[P1] What's the skinny on windows media player for mac?

Jim Bollman Jim at Bollman.com
Wed Apr 28 15:52:39 PDT 2004

I use Apple Works for word processing and spreadsheet.  It gives me
enough compatibility to open the Word and Excel files people send me.
Haven't needed PowerPoint but if I did I would probably use KeyNote, a
friend uses it and has good luck reading in PP slides.  If I needed
more compatibility I would load OpenOffice.  All this is on my home
machine.  My Mac at work does have Office since the company bought it
and I have used it for several years (before OpenOffice), but today I
would probably go with OpenOffice.  The same fellow that uses KeyNote
uses a Linux box at work and he gets by with OpenOffice on that with
out much problem.

I have also used ICWord with good success reading Word documents, it is
shareware, the same fellow has ICExcel but I haven't tried it.

Jim...