[iBook] Fax button in Print Dialog Box

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 2 11:04:49 PST 2004

On 12/2/04 12:52 PM, "Bill Raffensperger" <raffy at macsrule.com> wrote:

> Here's the problem: There seems to be no confirmation for faxing. There
> is no log of sent faxes. There is just nothing.  Or else I cannot find
> it. How do I know that it worked, besides calling the recipient and
> asking "did you get a fax from me?"

I used to use Page Sender (which is great) back in Jaguar, so I was happy to
see they added a fax capability in Panther. But you've put your finger on
the weak spot--if there's a confirmation or log somewhere I can't find it.
But I notice that when a fax fails, you see that in the fax window, and you
can set it to keep trying. So when I send faxes, I just trust that when it
says it's finished, and the job disappears from the window, it's done. And
when it fails, and the job remains in the window, I know it's not sent.
That's not great, but it is what it is.

Brian