[iBook] Thanks

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Mon Dec 6 06:47:05 PST 2004

On Dec 6, 2004, at 8:10 AM, Russ Edwards wrote:

> Thanks for all the help.  I found out two things doing my own research
> that people might want to know.
> 1.  You can burn as much as you want, according to the web site anyway.
> 2.  CD-R work on regular as in old style CD players.  I am talking
> about the one in your car.

I think the limit to the number of burns may apply to music downloaded
from the Apple Music Store. Anything you rip from your own collection
can be burned any number of times (for archival purposes, of course).
As for recording to CD-RW: the price of CD-Rs is so low as to offset
any cost efficiencies of CD-RW multiple burns. It's hard to get over
the mindset of burning and discarding a CD after a couple of uses, but
the time and money saved seems worth it. Now, having said that, I
wonder how long a CD in a landfill takes to decompose? Could be
hundreds of years, I suppose, leading to questions of what happens when
we are awash in discarded CDs.

Charles Pearce (charlesp at ksu.edu)